Novel Expectations

For the last year or so I've been working on my first novel. I hope to have it finished by the end of October. At least the first draft. After that of course comes the rewrites. The title of the book is Savage Lust. I'm hoping to make it into a series.

The synopsis of the book is...

Monica Savage, a wealthy Key West, Florida woman is missing and her billionaire husband Tom Savage has been murdered. A ransom note found suggests Monica has been abducted. But the authorities believe Monica faked her abduction and is on the run. Monica’s best chance for proving her innocence, if in fact she is innocent, is her ex-husband, Johnny Zen.

Johnny, a washed-up radio DJ and part-time novelist with a nose for trouble, finds plenty of it when he lands on the list of suspects. He believes Monica is innocent and has indeed been abducted, so he sets out to find Monica before the authorities find her.

During Johnny’s investigation into Tom and Monica Savage he uncovers a tawdry tale of sex, murder and deceit. And Monica Savage is in the middle of it all.


I must say, I'm pretty pleased with it so far. The writing has been coming along quite well. If I do make it into a series, it will feature Johnny Zen as the lead character.

I'm going to go the traditional route in publishing this novel insead of self-publishing. That will mean finding an agent first.

I will discuss more about the pros and cons of self-publishing in future posts.

~ J

No comments: